Last night while having dinner, out of the blue Ryan said, “Mommy, don’t put hot stuff in my mouth when I'm bad”
I replied, “You don’t get hot stuff in your mouth when you’re bad. Maybe if you said a bad word or something nasty. That’s why we only say nice words.”
Ryan said, “Well Dr. Phil said!”
I cracked up laughing!!! I said, Did you watch Dr. Phil with Grandma? He replied, Yes:) Grandma Rison got the boys from the bus today and kept them till I could get there from work and I guess he picked up on Dr. Phil. It was so funny and cute. I am not really sure what the story line really was but he sure did take the opportunity to relay the message that I am not supposed to put hot stuff in his mouth. I don’t think I ever have anyway, not for Ryan. I think Lance got the hot sauce once and I can’t even remember why.
I guess I will consult Dr. Phil Ryan next time I have to discipline:)
5 comments:
lol - why am I not surprised that came out of his mouth?? :)
Oh my goodness; that is too funny!
Haha - it's so funny the things that they hear and pick up on when you don't even realize they are paying attention! Maybe this will stick with him though and he'll be afraid to ever say a bad word!
That is SO funny!
Not a bad idea either! :)
Thats funny! I have threatened that and got close to Bradley's tongue but he got so freaked he straightened up! We have to be prepared for any crazy comment with our kiddos it seems!
Post a Comment