Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today once again we gave thanks for the many blessings in our lives. We were small in numbers but had a great Thanksgiving. JR had to work today, like almost every Thanksgiving of our married life, and he was dearly missed. We will have take two for him tomorrow:) Nicki and Matteson are in NY and Mama and Papa went to NC. So, me and the boys were joined by Nana, Pop Pop, Grandma and Poppa Rison. Nicki… Ryan asked earlier, “Why does Ninny have to go to New York all the time?” I think he misses you:) He certainly doesn’t get the fact that you have family there:) The food was delicious and after a short rest we took the boys to a movie. We did the same last year, I am not sure if this is turning into a tradition or not?? We saw Tangled and it was pretty cute. Ryan has turned his Elmo blanket rock star hair into long blonde Rapunzel hair!!

DSC_8856

DSC_8857

DSC_8859

Yesterday we spent the day getting out Christmas decorations and JR hung the first of the outside lights. I guess we will finish out there tomorrow, it is quite a project. The inside decorations are pretty much finished except JR’s fire dept tree and my buffet display. The boys decorated their tree all by themselves and did a great job. My eye only twitched a few times when they got 2 ornaments on the same branch. For those of you who know me I am a Nazi about my tree. I will spend every day until Christmas moving an ornament here and there. Every time I look at it I see something I need to adjust to make it just so. For now it is just perfect and I added some new things this year.

DSC_8826

DSC_8827

DSC_8830

DSC_8833

DSC_8836

New this year…

DSC_8842

school pictures 2010

DSC_8843

DSC_8844

Grinch ornaments from National Harbor

DSC_8845

DSC_8846

Cracker Barrel ornament, I love how big it is!

DSC_8847

DSC_8848

DSC_8850

DSC_8852

Ornament garland that I LOVE! The best part is I bought it after Christmas last year so when I unpacked it, I was surprised!! I had forgotten all about it:)

DSC_8853

My new tree topper, a snowman top hat!!

I bought this on the way to Disney world at Cracker Barrel. JR thought it was crazy that I would buy a Christmas decoration in the 98 degree weather of August but I couldn’t resist!!

6 comments:

Ricky, Bethany and Emmaleigh said...

It looks great! Ricky worked yesterday too which I think he has worked all but 1 Thanksgiving in the almost 7 years we have been married. He's worked every Mother's Day and lots of others. Frustrating sometimes! :)

Liz said...

Your tree is beautiful!! I'm sorry JR couldn't be with you, but it looks like you all made the best of it.

Nicole said...

Aw, I'm glad you guys had a good day, we missed you all too!! Oh, and that ornament garland? Why did you forget to pick up an extra one for your sister?? I mean come on...that would be PERFECT on my tree !:) See you guys Sunday!

Unknown said...

Your tree looks like it should be in a department store!

griffinx5 said...

I think you should move the green ball ornament to the lower left just a bit !! :) haha Love the new topper

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I LOVE the tree topper! Your treet looks amazing!