Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yes, Friday was the big day. I am just now feeling up to updating after pure exhaustion. I guess it comes along with hitting the big 3-0!!

Since this was a big one mom and dad took all of us to National Harbor for the night and we enjoyed many of the holiday festivities that they have to offer. It was truly amazing and I had a great birthday. Thanks so much Mom and Dad….YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! Everything we did was also very kid friendly and it is funny how when you are a grown up that whatever makes your kids happy makes you happy. That is exactly what this weekend was about. We did things that the kids will remember for a lifetime.

It all started with dinner at Ketchup.

DSC_8656

DSC_8660

DSC_8672

After dinner we headed back to the hotel for all of the activities that the Gaylord puts on. The girls made a pit stop to shop for jewelry which was fun!!

DSC_8678

Riding on the train. They did this at least 3-4 times:)

DSC_8685

The light show at the fountain is a big hit. They got pretty wet and could have cared less!

DSC_8697

Mikayla wanted her shirt off so she could get in the fountain!!

DSC_8701

DSC_8704

It snows inside the atrium every night, Ryan was catching snow flakes with his tongue!

DSC_8712

We all had our own rooms but we crashed in Nana and Pop Pop’s room for our bed time snack.

We sure are a close knit bunch!!! All lounging in the same bed. Only Pop Pop and Uncle Matt were missing!

DSC_8717

Room service delivered cookies and milk as a bedtime snack. Look how cute they are waiting for their glasses of milk!! I didn’t get room service until the night after I got married!!! Here they are at 2, 4, and 6 getting spoiled rotten!!! I hope they don’t think this is the norm:)

DSC_8718

DSC_8720

The view from our room

DSC_8726

Saturday morning we headed down for breakfast and met up with the Grinch!!

DSC_8731

DSC_8736

and then on to the ICE display 

DSC_8749

DSC_8754

The sculptures were AMAZING!!!

DSC_8757

DSC_8762

DSC_8763

The ice slides are the main attraction as far as the kids are concerned!

DSC_8764

DSC_8765

DSC_8780

DSC_8787

DSC_8796

We ended Saturday night with more family and cake!

DSC_8800

Look at Ryan and Mikayla…they had their fingers in the cake first thing!

DSC_8803

Here’s to my next 30 years! I hope they are as great as the first!!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for turning 30, we all had a great weekend! :)

The Vathes Family said...

Happy birthday again, looks like you guys had such a great birthday weekend =)

The Marsh's said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time celebrating :)

Unknown said...

Love Nicki's comment. The baby of the family always gets spoiled even if its not her birthday! I would love to go to the ice show one Christmas season, it looks so cool! Happy Belated Birthday!

Caleb's mom said...

Happy Birthday!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a GREAT time!

Dena Pickle said...

Happy Birthday! I guess my weekend invite was lost in the mail! 30 is nothing, 40 is the hard one. So here's to 10 more good years!!!! :)
Love, Aunt Dena