Friday, December 24, 2010

Cookies for Santa

Last night’s cookie decorating was a success!! After much disappointment in the cookies part all went well. I had decided to order cookies this year and free up some time during the day for other preparations I needed to make. The first place I ordered from was the Charles Street bakery. Luckily I had placed 2 orders and picked up one on Tuesday night. The cookies were very small and the thickness of a ritz cracker!!! For $8.50 a dozen I was ticked!!! I canceled the Thursday order and ordered some from Giant. When I went to pick them up yesterday morning, they were covered in red and green sugar!!!! What part of undecorated don’t you understand????? So…. I cancelled my toes and hair appt that I had and rushed home to bake cookies!! It was fine and all got done in time. I guess that was my one Grinch moment of the year! The kids were happy and that’s what counts.

DSC_9316

DSC_9334

DSC_9338

DSC_9339

DSC_9345

DSC_9347

DSC_9352

DSC_9336

DSC_9355

DSC_9392

DSC_9393

DSC_9394

DSC_9396

DSC_9397             

Merry Christmas Eve!!! Stay tuned for all the Christmas day fun! I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas day!

2 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

Had a lot of fun with you guys last night - thanks so much again for having us =)

Unknown said...

That looked fun! I love seeing pictures of Santa on the firetruck. I do miss that about living there! I remember him coming to my neighborhood when I was a little girl!