Anyway, I wrote each punishment on a tongue depressor and I keep them in a cup. If at anytime he is asked to do something or spoken to twice or more about a behavior he has to pick a "punishment stick". Whatever he draws is what he gets. He also gets a stick if his daycare report is bad for the day. As for the rewards, he has a chart with 5 boxes, in the last box is a star. If he has a good daycare report or does not receive more than 1 punishment over the course of a day he gets a check mark in the box. After 5 check marks he can choose a reward. Today.....is not a check mark day. He is spending time in his room as we speak for not listening. It is so tough, I keep explaining if he would just do as he is asked he would never be in trouble. It will click eventually:) Parenting is tough!!!!!
This afternoon the boys and I ran to target, I had to get a baby gift, and then came back to the playground at the elementary school. Lance thought it was neat to play on the playground where he will have recess next year. I can't believe he is going to kindergarten. I cry every time I think about it. What is he going to do, who will he play with, will he be OK in the cafeteria, will he be OK on the bus, can he make his way to the classroom, will he wipe his butt good if he poops?? I know........I am a teacher and I think those over worried parents are crazy and now I am one! He is more than capable of doing all of those things and will be perfectly fine but I just can't calm myself. I was convinced JR would drive him to and from school but he insists he wants to ride the bus. I am going to allow it I guess, he has to do it eventually. I have already made plans to be late the first day of school so that we can put him on the bus and then follow it to school and make sure he gets off and to his classroom. Good thing I won't have students on the first day of school! You will probably read this same paragraph verbatim about mid august when I am in full panic attack about school starting:)
Anyway, now that you know how neurotic I am, enjoy the pictures of the playground.
My Monkey
he says, "send this picture to Nana"
Loves the swing
Ahhh.......the warm sun on my face
Cutest little red head I know
Mikayla loves Lance
Down the BIG slide
Ryan wasn't too sure at first, then I couldn't get him off of it.
Double Trouble
No comments:
Post a Comment