Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

For those of you who know me well I am a very planned individual. My life as I know it was carefully slated at a very young age. I knew....

1. What I was going to be when I grew up, a teacher because I enjoyed watching children grow and learn and know that I had a part in it. Eventually climbing the ladder to being an administrator. Dad says the only reason I want to do that is so that I'm the boss. I don't see the harm in that.
2. What kind of house I would live in, though not the mansion in my imagination our house is perfect for our family. God knew that!
3. Who I was going to marry, JR of course although I knew it long before he did. He is almost a replica of my dad, a girls greatest wish!
4. That we would have 2 children, hoping for a boy and a girl little did we know God had a different plan.
5. That we would live happily ever after, so far so good:)

As my life unfolded it took the exact paths that I had planned with a few more potholes than expected.
1. I am a teacher and do enjoy watching the children grow and learn, that is in between throw up, peeing on the playground, and many other duties that they don't tell you about in college!
2. JR eventually got on the band wagon and decided he wanted to marry me too!
2. We do have 2 wonderful children, both boys, which I see so many times why God gave me boys. I do not have time in the mornings for pony tails and arguments over wardrobe, and when we are at a sporting even and inevitably they both have to go pee we can find the nearest patch of grass, Whew glad we don't have to use johnny on the spots!!

I never dreamed that my life would be as hectic at times that it is, I always thought I would have everything under control. My kids would never have snotty noses, scream at a restaurant, throw a tantrum in a store over a toy, they would be the best dressed and never play in the dirt. My kids are all of those things and strangely enough I love it. Along with all of the things my kids would never do, there are so many good times that I never imagined. Just to name a few, I love the times that we snuggle in bed in the mornings watching TV, the way they pucker up their lips to give goodbye kisses, the way Ryan calls to me from his room and says "mommy I need you", the way that Lance thinks he knows more than me, and how he says he's going to marry me when he grows up. God knew that I needed a little reality check in life so he made me a MOTHER. It is by far a much harder job than I ever imagined. Even through the many frustrations and obstacles of child rearing I am thankful that I am the mother of 2 adorable boys. I am really honored that God thought I was up for the challenge and that he has faith in me that I will do the job. The great times far exceed the tough times and we always have something to laugh about. I hope you have a great day!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: