Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

We have had a great holiday weekend, mostly because JR did not have to work any days of the weekend. That almost never happens when something is going on! Saturday morning was spent CLEANING!!! This is something that has been slacked on because of T Ball on Saturdays, this weekend we did not have a game so the house got some much needed attention, windows and all. Ryan and I ran to Waldorf in the afternoon while JR and Lance washed his truck. We spent some time at Nicki's watching Matteson fix their drive way and then came home for dinner, baths, and bed. The boys did not nap on Saturday so bed time was a breeze.

Sunday was much of the same, church, naps for all, and then to Nana's for a while. Ryan spent the night with her and Pop Pop and Lance decided he wanted to sleep with Mikayla. Nicki, Matteson, Mikayla, JR, Lance, and I took a walk on the bike path and then Lance went home with them for the night. JR and I had no kids............yep, went to bed early! And the best part........we stayed in bed until 8am this morning with no interruptions. Sure doesn't take much to make us happy.

Today we got in some good pool time even though the water was COLD!!!!!! The kids loved it, and I got to soak up a little sun. Ryan got in a few times but spent most of the time fishing things out of the pool from the edge. Lance gave swimming with no floaties a try and he did really well. We need to work on keeping his mouth closed and either holding his nose or blowing out. I didn't get some work done that I wanted to, report cards, but they will get done. I am kind of glad I didn't do school work this weekend. Only 16 more days until summer vacation!!!!! I can't wait!


Ryan fishing out the orange ball

My Scuba Man

Ryan kept creeping down the slide and stopping,
Daddy put water on it and the next time he slid right in!
He wasn't thrilled:)
Of course I didn't have the camera ready!

Lance was not pleased Daddy wasn't holding onto him.
He soon figured out that he didn't need Daddy.

Jumping in

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Ricky worked like every day. He always works on the holiday or if something is going on. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that problem. HAHA I'm so jealous! I want to be a teacher. LOL