Saturday, August 9, 2008

We've returned!

We have returned safely from our Pennsylvania vacation. We had a packed schedule but all activities were great. We took an Amish buggy ride through Lancaster, spent a whole day at Dutch Wonderland, rode the Strausburg railroad and stopped at Cherry Crest Farm, and toured Hershey's Chocolate World. The kids were busy but had a good time. Lance enjoyed Dutch Wonderland once he warmed up to the rides. He tends to be a little leary at first but then was fine. Mom, Ryan, and I rode the turtle whirl and if you are familiar with the Jon and Kate plus Eight show Kate did not exaggerate how fast that ride was. I wanted to get off! I kept yelling, "Jon help us!" Mom and I were laughing so hard we almost had accidents:)

I have been very busy since we got back doing laundry and running arrands. I had a followup appointment with the surgeon and the biopsy came back negative which was good news. The incision is healing nicely. Last evening I got my hair done for the new school year and upon returning home I found that Ryan had hurt his arm rough housing with Lance in the recliner. Now...We have told those boys a thousand times that the recliner is not a jungle gym and that climbing on it is not allowed. Well last night while JR was washing dishes they were climbing in the recliner and Ryan fell off the back of it. He was favoring his arm pretty badly so we took him to the ER to have it checked. I knew we would probably have to wait a while and wasn't thrilled about it but just knew that if we waited he would wake up worse. So off we went and 4 hours later the x-rays revealed that he was fine, just had a bruise. Today he's better and you can't even tell. Lance and Ryan haven't even gone near the recliner today:) I have often said that I think Lance is going to make it through life with no major injuries but Ryan not so much. He is just so rough and tough and has no fear, I am sure we will make a few more trips to the ER in his lifetime.

I am getting the pictures from our trip printed so I will post some after that.

No comments: