Saturday was Lance’s first state TKD tournament. It was quite a stressful day for me!!! I don’t know if I am cut out for this kind of pressure.
Lance has been working hard since December preparing for tournament season. He did not place in forms which we just knew he would. It was clear to me that he did better than the other kid but he only got 1 judge out of 3 on his side. The judging is a bit subjective I think but that’s the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Lance was disappointed too because we were all confident that forms is where he would place for sure! He sparred as well and did come in third place in that division. Third isn’t bad at all considering he has only been sparring for a couple of months. He cried at the end of both events and I did too, again don’t know that I can handle this pressure!! He only lost his match by 1 point in the last seconds. We reassured him that we were so very proud of him and that there’s always next time to hit it out of the park. This was a big tournament and he did a great job!! Hopefully he can participate in at least 1 more tournament before next year.
Warm up
Pep talk from daddy
I love how intently JR is watching
Lance has the red helmet
This picture makes me want to cry, look how disappointed he looks! I’m sure Mr. Gray was being very encouraging and giving good advice for next time.
Daddy getting the 411
3 comments:
We all know how great he is! This is great practice for when he starts bringing home the top medal every time ;). Love you Lance!!
So proud of you Lance.
He's such a handsome sweet boy. He is amazing. Please tell him I think that :) im impressed.
Post a Comment