Saturday, March 31, 2012

25 Things I want my Sons to know…

I actually saw this list on pinterest and immediately fell in love with it. Some of the items came straight from the pin but others I have swapped out for my own. There is another one called 100 ways to make your marriage ROCK and it’s pretty great too!! But this one if for the boys…

1. When I look at you I see my heart. The love I feel for you doesn't compare to any other. I love your red hair Ryan and the freckles across your nose. I love the way you look like your dad from behind Lance. the shape of your head and the way you stand. I love to see our own reflections when I look at you.

2. It’s OK to leave your penis alone. Even though I tell you it’s gonna fall off, it won’t. It will be there your whole life so stop checking it.

3. It’s OK for you to like and choose things that are pink. It’s just a color and it does not define who you are or who you will become.

4. Your nose is not an appropriate place to stick any foreign objects including your finger.

5. Be creative. Draw, paint, and dance!

6. Always try your best even if you don’t win and be proud of all your accomplishments. Your dad and I are proud of everything you do and we will support all of your endeavors. We will also be there to pick up the pieces when you stumble and fall.

“He’s mine, that one, got a wild haired side and then some….. I’ll take the blame and claim him every time, HE’S MINE”

7. Be kind to others. Everyone is different and deserves to be loved. Be a friend, lend a helping hand whenever you can.

8. Play outside

9. Tell the truth. Good or bad, being honest is always the best policy.

10. Don’t give up. Be persistent in the things you want to achieve, you can do anything you set your mind to.

11. Say “I love You” everyday

12. You are a super hero in my book

13. It’s OK to cry. Don’t be afraid to show emotions, it doesn’t show weakness it shows your heart. Everyone cries whether they admit it or not.

14. Be responsible with money. Work hard to earn the things you have. Saving money is good but splurge on the finer things in life once in a while.

15. Your pants should always meet your waist, never below where your underwear will show to the public.

16. Think before you ink. Tattoos are permanent, contemplate what you will stain your body with and is it something you will be proud to display when you are an old man?? Your Dad was almost 30 before he got his first tattoo, take time to think about it.

17. Master the following skills before you leave the nest. Vacuuming, washing dishes, laundry, cooking, and cutting the grass. Your wives will thank me!

18. Find your passion and enjoy it.

19. Pray. God will carry you through the good times and the bad. Always lean on Him!

20. Recycle. Mom is not a tree hugger but always do your part to preserve our earth.

21. Be a good brother, friend, and protector. You will be here for each other when your dad and I are gone, Love each other always.

22. Make the RIGHT choices, not the easy ones.

23. Follow through on your commitments whether they are personal or business related. Don’t be a quitter!

24. You will be my son forever. Even after you take a wife our bond will always be special and I will love your wife as the daughter I never had. Take your time choosing that special girl, she’s out there…don’t settle until you find her.

25. No matter where life takes you you can ALWAYS come back HOME.

I Love you guys VERY MUCH and hope that you will grow to be strong, loving men just like your Dad!!!!

Love, Mom

4 comments:

Grandma Rison said...

Good thoughts to leave with your boys. Proud of you and JR as peoplee and especially as parents.

Grandma Rison said...

I do know how to spell people (one e), my fingers just get carried away sometime.

The Marsh's said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this!! Very sweet, funny, and true! All bundled up into one of the best posts ever :)

Caleb's mom said...

very nice. love those boys.