Today is New Years Eve!!! Time to say goodbye to 2011 and hello to 2012. We are hosting everyone here tonight. We are the typical married with children people now and just stay in on New Years. Actually I like it better than fighting the crowds and I love staying up with the kiddos just playing games and watching movies. Should be a fun night!!!
Resolutions??? I never really make a resolution but always want to do the normal “lose weight, have more patience, keep my house cleaner, etc…” This year I definitely want to lose weight. I did it once so I know I can do it again!!! Plus…after the conversation I had with Lance last night it is a MUST!!!!
I can’t believe I’m gonna post this but I am because #1 I want to remember it:) and #2 because it is motivation if I have ever seen it before!! Coming out of the mouth of an 8 year old it is funny but did hit me kinda deep!!
So…last night Lance and I were watching UFC, our new thing:) He says to me, “Mommy do you want to be one of those girls in the bikini holding up the numbers 1, 2 and 3??”
“No I don’t think so” was my reply
“well if you did you’d have to get skinny” (I laughed at first, then immediately texted JR what he said!!!)
When JR replied his text said, “you kick that boy right outta the bed, you’d look GREAT in a bikini” (gotta LOVE daddy)
I showed Lance the text and told him daddy thinks I’d look great in that bikini and he said, “you would look great mommy, you just wouldn’t look anything like they do, that’s all”
“Do you think I should look like those girls?” “No, I love you just the way you are mommy” (smart kid!)
Ahh…..I’m cracking up and crying all at the same time typing this story!!! Gotta Love the honesty of children!!! So…needless to say here’s to celery sticks, yogurt, and going to the gym 3 times a week for the next few months and being 20 pounds lighter!!! I lost 50 before so 20 should be nothing!!! Let’s hope:)
So here’s to this Jennifer!!
5 comments:
You're right, you've done it once you can do it again for sure! We're all here to support you even though don't get mad if I still insist on eating my McDonalds instead of the celery sticks! ;)
You can do it Jen! I'm in to lose 15 lbs myself so when you're eating celery...I'm probably eating it too!
right there with you girl!! funny how simple things that kids say really give you a little motivation... cheers to a healthier happier us.. whether it be 5 pounds or 20, as long as we feel good about what we see that is an accomplishment !
you know I think you are perfect. It's all about what you want. Love how honest Lance is.
LMAO - gotta love their honesty, and what a good husband you have, he couldn't have answered anymore perfect!! If you have any good losing weight tips let me know, i need to get on that bandwagon too :(
Post a Comment