Well I'm back! I have not been up and running since I had surgery last Tuesday. The surgery itself went great and I have great results so far. I did have complications with the spinal anesthesia though. After coming out of recovery I had a splitting headache which was treated with Morphine, Tylenol 3, and Motrin, none of which worked. It was determined that I had a spinal headache which was the result of the spinal puncture not closing properly and I had spinal fluid leaking from the puncture. The headache was UNBEARABLE. I could not sit up at all or get out of bed. Before leaving the hospital the anesthesiologist did an epidural blood patch to cure the headache. An epidural catheter was placed in my back and blood was drawn from my arm. The blood was then injected into the epidural catheter. I did get relief from the headache and came home Wednesday evening. When I woke Thursday morning the headache was back. I tried to tough it out but those headaches could take up to 15 days to go away on their own. I called the DR. and he said to wait until Friday, if it was still there I would need another blood patch. Well Friday afternoon JR took me back to the ER and the anesthesiologist did another blood patch, this time injecting more blood. It was much more uncomfortable than the first but did the trick. I was in a lot of pain Friday night but woke up Saturday morning a new person. I have had back pain due to all the punctures but I am doing much better today. I went thins morning and had the staples removed and am looking forward to getting back into normal routine. I still cannot lift the kids for 6 weeks which is hard, but they are being very understanding. We have had meals delivered which we really appreciate. My mom, mother in law, and sister have also been a great help with the kids. JR has been the best "nurse" ever. He will kill me for calling him that but he has done it all even jobs that have not been pleasant. He is the BEST!!!
Here are pictures from the Easter party we took the kids to and some of Lance's T Ball practice.
Bean bag toss
Ryan fishing with Pop Pop

3 kiddos with the Easter Bunny

Petting Rabbits

Poor Rabbit

"wook at dis one mommy"

Ryan and mommy hunting eggs

Lance hunting eggs

Throwing practice

The Potomac River Mudcats

Batting
(the Helmet is adorable!)
No comments:
Post a Comment