Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our first snow day...Since 2007!!!!

Well today was our first measurable snow since 2007, yes 2007. Last year we did not get a drop, barely even coated the ground. I was praying that this year we would at least see enough for the boys to play in it. It was a good day for them, daddy picked them up from daycare around 8:30 this morning and they were able to have 2 play sessions in the snow. But thanks to good 'ole Charles County schools mommy had to work until 2:00pm. They missed the mark but we did get a 2 hour early dismissal. I got home in time to enjoy the second snow play session with Lance and Ryan. As you can see the kids loved it, there were so many good pictures I had a hard time choosing which to post, so here are 15!!!

This morning before daycare
I usually am adamant about the boys getting straight into the car so we can get going on time but this morning I couldn't help but let them enjoy the falling snow for a moment.


Lance attempting a snow angel

Ryan giving the snow a taste test
Mmmmm
Snow ball launch

Look at that face!

She didn't quite know what to think!
Even the big boys got in on the action
Snow babies
Ryan of course is crying for Nana!

Nothing like a bath, warm PJ's, and hot cocoa to top off playing in the snow!

I hope everyone enjoyed their day! With any luck tomorrow will be a stay home day too!

No comments: