Well this week has been eventful. Wednesday was my Birthday and JR had to work so he took me on a date Tuesday night. We had dinner at Texas roadhouse, just the 2 of us. We don't get to fo that very often. On Wednesday Mom, the boys, and the Matteson clan met me for dinner after work. It was a good day. I turned 28. With Thanksgiving approaching, our family will not all be together:( Nicki, Matteson, and Mikayla are going to NY, Mama and Papa are going to NC, and Dad has to work. JR was supposed to work but he is going to be off. Since everyone has other plans our family is having Thanksgiving dinner today. I am smelling pies as we speak.
This morning was picture day. The Gimmel and Matteson clan both went to get pictures of our families, the kids individually, and one of the 3 kids together. Pictures were NOT very successful. Mainly due to my red head. He was NOT cooperating and screamed the whole time. He had his mind set that Ninny was going to hold him in every picture. He would not take a picture with our family, his borther, or Mikayla for that matter. We did get 1 picture of him by himself playing with the ornaments on the tree. It was a pretty painful process and one that I will not do again. I was pissed to say the least. I think we will try some candid shots in our own house to try and get a picture for a card.
The pumpkin pie I am making for today has 2 tbsp of rum in it. I had JR buy a mini bottle, one like would be in a hotel mini bar, since I didn't use the whole thing I poured the rest of it into my diet coke:) Never was interested in drinking as a teenager or as a young adult, but now that i'm a parent it is not looking too bad! Just kidding, I do pray daily that God will grant me the patience to deal with the 2 blessings he has put in my life. He probably gets a good laugh out of us from time to time. I will post the pictures we did get later.
No comments:
Post a Comment