One day last week I was pleased to find the following message in my email from a parent:
Good morning Ms McDuffie
My name is Suzanne Goodwill. My son, Jacob Goodwill, attends morning Pre K with Michelle Griffin and Jennifer Gimmel. I want to inform you that they are incredible teachers!
I am pleased to report : Jacob named the days of the week (Mon-Fri) last evening....spontaneously! he also mentioned that this is November!
I was extremely happy and surprised by his sudden gift of information!! This tells me that everyone working with Jacob really cares about his progress.
For this, I give credit to the Pre K team including Ms Griffin, Mrs Gimmel, Jacob's speech therapist, Ms Early, and class assistants, Ms Chris and Ms Lewis.
My husband and I want to express our sincere gratitude for all that you do for Jacob by providing him with such a rich learning environment....evidenced by his increased conversation, repitition of words, and his spontaneous gifts such as remembering the days of the week!
I continue to look forward to more "gifts" from Jacob!
With sincere thanks and gratitude,
John and Suzanne Goodwill
These types of gestures are few and far between when you are a teacher. Most lengthy emails or notes are to complain about something. I have had my share of parents who have been less than grateful for the time and effort I have put into their child so it was extrememly nice to receive this email from Jacob's mom. It is nice to know you are appreciated:)
No comments:
Post a Comment