Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer has slipped away!

Right before my eyes!!! We are already through the first week of school and Labor day weekend is here. The official end of summer:(

Since August hit I have been busy preparing to return to work and it came quickly. These last 2 weeks have been full of classroom prep, home visits, MANY phone calls, and of course getting the kids settled into their first and third grade year at school.

We are slowly getting back to our school year routines and schedules although it isn’t easy. Early bed times and early mornings, after school snacks, homework, dinner, and taekwondo are now our “normal” and a sign that the daily hustle and bustle has returned.

Along with the start of school, Ryan tested for his dragon brown belt and Lance has been invited to join the black belt club. They are both excited about their new accomplishments and Lance is thrilled that he can now wear a black uniform:) Lance will test for his brown belt at the end of September. 

Since I can’t promise when the next update will be, here’s pictures from TKD and the first day of school:)

DSC_7590

DSC_7599

DSC_7682

DSC_7684

DSC_7638

DSC_7640

DSC_7641

DSC_7650

DSC_7652

DSC_7653

DSC_7655

DSC_7658

DSC_7660

Ryan was more than happy to have mommy meet him off the bus and walk him to his class on the first day. Lance on the other hand was totally in control and didn’t need me to escort him. I did sneak over to his class to capture a glimpse of him and make sure he made it to third grade. I snapped his picture from the doorway and waved goodbye. This will probably be the last year that I go and meet them off of the bus, boy they grow up fast. They are independent little people who can navigate school all on their own:(    

No comments: