Prayer is how I handle the things in life that are out of my control, which is so many things. Each day even amongst the many prayers when I feel like all I do is ask, ask, ask, I always thank God for all the blessings he has put in my life. We truly have a great life despite all the wants that are so unnecessary in the big scheme of things.
There is a prayer that I pray God continues to answer each time I ask since it is so often. I pray every 4 days when JR goes off to work and leaves us, a prayer that I prayed this morning as he left and one that I will pray again before bed. I simply ask that God watch over him and lay his hands of protection over him as he risks his own life for the lives of others and that he return safely home to us tomorrow. Each morning when he kisses me goodbye even in my half asleep state I always tell him “I Love you, be careful.” He never goes off to work without hearing that phrase, I have a strange feeling that if I were to forget any of it I would never forgive myself if something were to happen. There are so many times when he goes to work and there are no significant runs that require him to make that risk but there is ALWAYS that chance. God had ALWAYS answered my prayer.
In the wake of the men who were injured on Friday I can’t help but be a bit more nervous and worry some but all I can do is pray that God will continue to answer that prayer. It is a bit unnerving to think had that incident occurred just a day earlier it very well could have and probably would have been JR in that very position fighting to save himself from a burning house. 3 of the 4 people injured relieve JR’s shift at Rescue Squad 3.
By the grace of God all 4 men are alive with one still in critical condition. My prayers are now with those men and their families for healing.
1 comment:
Wow! I had no idea! That is awesome that you cover your husband in prayers every time he goes off to work. So many wives take it for granted but it is great that you are faithful and fervent in those prayers for him. I am glad God answered them and kept him safe and I will say a prayer for the injured men. God Bless!
Post a Comment