Monday, March 17, 2014

Tournament Season is Here

We’ve embarked on the 2014 TKD tournament season. This year is a big year because Lance is in the black belt division. Rules are stricter and sparring rounds are 2 min instead of 1 and a half minutes. We traveled to NJ for our first one. Lance performed well and medaled in both Forms and Sparring. He got third in forms and first in sparring. His form was much better than third but that’s how the cookie crumbles at these events. I try not to get too upset but it is so AGGRAVATING!!! He handles it better than we do:)

DSC_2929

DSC_2930

DSC_2937

DSC_2938

Next up is the Maryland state championship on March 29th. That tournament will be bigger than NJ but I am sure Lance will do well yet again. We are attending at least 3 more tournaments in preparation for Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale again this year. After this years nationals we may take a break next summer and do something a little different for vacation. Last years nationals was his first and a good experience, I think he will be more prepared going in this year as a black belt:)

TKD takes up A LOT of our life but it is so rewarding to see Lance flourish in a sport that he loves!!! Now we just have to find what little red loves to do. He enjoys guitar but hates to practice. I think he is still seeking out what his passion is:)

No comments: