Friday, August 2, 2013

Natural Bridge

Last weekend we took a very impromptu road trip to Natural Bridge, Va. JR and I are prone to spur of the moment things like this and I LOVE it!!! We are trying to cram in as much fun as we can before school and work starts back up.

Speaking of work….I did not get the job that I interviewed for last week. I had a rough day yesterday but I have accepted it and am moving forward. All things happen for a reason and I am satisfied to know that I am where I am supposed to be and I will wait for the next opportunity to come. On the plus side I get 2 more weeks off till I have to get back to school and we are going to enjoy every minute of it!

We arrived in Natural Bridge late Friday night, we had all day Saturday to enjoy nature!! The weather wasn’t totally cooperative but we got in all the attractions anyway. I had even made up my mind that we were going to hike out to the bridge in the rain if we had to! I’m not sure who I am turning into but a few years ago I would have been ready to load up in the car and head home at the sight of rain….but we went all that way and we were going to see that bridge!! Luckily, even with umbrella in hand, the rain tapered and we had a very nice mile hike:) The pictures aren’t that great…I had my small lens and it was dreary…oh well!

DSC_0775

Caverns

DSC_0784

DSC_0790

We can’t go anywhere without playing in the arcade!!

DSC_0797

DSC_0800

The butterfly garden was so great!!! The kids loved it!

DSC_0806

DSC_0818

DSC_0823

DSC_0827

Mining for fossils

DSC_0837

Mr. Paleontologist checking the key:)

          DSC_0850

The bridge!!! It was breathtaking!

DSC_0854

DSC_0914

The kids wanted to use my camera!! I look horrid but JR is being sweet:) I forgot to pack my hairspray AND it was rainy…NOT a good combo for my hair, hahaha!

Next adventure is river tubing in Harpers Ferry in a couple weeks and then Camping in October:) 

No comments: