Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blog Neglect

Well I have done it again….seriously neglected my blog. Our lives are so busy that sitting at this computer is the last thing I want to do:) The past 4 weekends have consumed us with TKD tournaments. It is a busy life but I wouldn’t trade it!!! Lance loves competing and it is so rewarding to see him walk off the floor adorning medal of some sort!! He is getting quite a collection and we are very proud of him. This first set of pics is from the Annapolis tournament.

DSC_0121

DSC_0124

We’ll take that WIN:)

DSC_0131

I love watching Mr. Gray and other coaches and instructors talking to the kids. Not sure what words of wisdom he is telling them but it looks encouraging:)

DSC_0139

DSC_0141

One of these days I will figure out what the magic setting is for great TKD pictures. The venues are usually poorly lit gymnasiums and the action is so fast that it is SO HARD to get good pictures even with a flash. Ugh…..I’ll get it one day! This next set is of the World Taekwondo Alliance tournament in Waldorf.

DSC_0300

This tournament was scored differently using a numerical system. Lance came in 3rd by only 10ths of a point!! Look at that 9.4:)

DSC_0306

Pep talk before sparring. Our own kids were in the same division and were going to spar each other. That’s always hard but we get the job done and are back to being friends immediately after:)

DSC_0327

Head Kick!! 2 pts!

DSC_0331

Coach Dad

DSC_0336

DSC_0346

DSC_0349

Coach Malik

DSC_0354

2nd Place

DSC_0355

Now we are preparing for Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale in July. Lance and Ryan will also both belt test at the end of May. Ryan will test for his green belt and Lance will test for his recommended black belt:) Let’s get ‘em boys!!

3 comments:

Grandma Rison said...

So proud of Lance. He has found his passion.

Caleb's mom said...

SO Cute! What a great kid.

The Marsh's said...

Oh how horrible to have to go to Ft. Lauderdale for Nationals!!! Haha! He's doing SO good, I know that makes you so proud!