Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter

The Gimmel family had a wonderful Easter weekend!! Saturday was so beautiful that Nicki and I ventured out to get some Easter pics of the kids in their Easter outfits. That is always an adventure:) The weather for Easter Sunday wasn’t the greatest so I’m glad we decided to do them on Saturday. On Sunday we went to Church and then to Nicki’s for dinner and an egg hunt. It was a nice relaxing day. We missed Grandma and Poppa Rison:( We are still getting used to being without them at times, it isn’t the same. Poppa doesn’t always cooperate or tolerate outings so we will go visit them this week while we are on spring break. The kids always ask “where’s Grandma Rison?” but they do understand. It doesn’t make it any easier but I am thankful that they are so accepting. Grandma, you are quite an example of the kind of wife and companion we should be. I am in awe of your strength, patience, and love.  

When we got home we settled in to watch the conclusion of the Bible. Seeing the crucifixion of Jesus is never easy but it was a good reminder of why we celebrate this great day and can look forward to eternal life in heaven. The boys watched too, lots of questions were asked and I tried to answer them in the best terms for them to understand. It is so hard to talk to them in a way that they really understand what Jesus is all about and not just the little bible stories that they have heard since they were babies. Watching the series has really put all of those stories into perspective and brought them to real life for them. It is exciting to see them so interested and engaged.

Here are the pictures from our weekend:)

DSC_9693

DSC_9696

DSC_9701

DSC_9734

DSC_9747

DSC_9790

DSC_9803

DSC_9811

DSC_9825

superheroes

DSC_9920

DSC_9923

DSC_9916

DSC_9937

DSC_9942

Easter Baskets from Nana

DSC_9952

DSC_9954

Indoor Egg hunt:( It was raining!!

DSC_9957   

We are off to the White House Easter Egg roll today, we are so excited!!! Pictures to follow!             

2 comments:

Caleb's mom said...

I love the pictures!

The Marsh's said...

I loved watching the Bible series, it definitely put a lot of those stories into a more real life perspective!!