Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Year’s Resolution

It is my new years resolution to update this blog once a month. I have certainly fell victim to the convenience of social media and do not sit at my computer EVER!! So if I can get here once a month maybe the blog will not suffer as much.

2013 has started with a bang! Christmas was wonderful as usual and the kids got an outdoor trampoline. They absolutely love it and want to be on it regardless of the weather. It is so hard to tell them they can’t go out but when it is too cold or has been raining, it isn’t happening! They have been really healthy so far and I plan to keep it that way:)

We rang in the new year low key at Nicki’s. My back was giving me problems so I stayed on the couch and the kids played games and ate snacks all night long.

We have also been much more into football this season than ever before. JR has always been a redskins fan but our lives never revolved around football (like someone else I know)! However since the skins have had such a good season I even found myself looking forward to the games. I am understanding more and more about how many strikes it takes to make a goal and how what divisions play off to win the Stanley cup. Haha, just kidding!! Lance has enjoyed them too, Ryan could care less! I hope RGIII is able to heal and next season is just as good.

The boys have just begun TKD competition class and we have several tournaments coming up between now and July. I think we are going to take Lance to Nationals this July in Ft. Lauderdale FL, We are really looking forward to that!

So here’s to a successful 2013 and monthly updates:) Here are some pictures to get us started.

DSC_9203

Annual Cookie decorating for Santa!

DSC_9210

DSC_9215

DSC_9222

The kids quit after about 3 cookies so Mom and I finished:) 

DSC_9227

   We had so much fun this year with our Elf Nick that he left us a little something to remember him by when he had to leave on Christmas Eve. He was a naughty little elf but the kids loved finding him every morning to see what he had done. I will have to devote a whole post to his shenanigans!

DSC_9223

Santa was good to us this year!

DSC_9233

DSC_9237

DSC_9249

JR got Dexter’s Kill shirt:)

DSC_9251

DSC_9260

Big kids with the boys bow and arrows

DSC_9262

Loving their trampoline

2 comments:

Grandma Rison said...

so glad that you have made a commitment to updating your blog. I had almost given up on opening it.

The Marsh's said...

Yay for the monthly posts! can't wait to see the Nick post too, he had quite the adventure coming to your house each day!!