Granny's 95th Birthday celebration
Monday, October 20, 2008
How lucky we are!
Not many people at 27 (almost 28) years old have had the opportunity to have so much time with their great grandmother. I was lucky to do so. Granny passed away last night at 95 years old and lived a full life. I remember every Christmas Eve she would spend the night at our house and wake up to all of the Santa goodies Christmas morning. It was one of our traditions. I also remember walking over to her house when we lived in the heights and she would fry Nicki and I bacon, no matter what time of day it was:) We had wierd requests:) One of the best ones was when she was driving Nicki and I to mama's house in quailwood and I opened the car door while she was driving. Definitely before child locks. I begged and begged for her not to tell, she did of course! Such fond memories of such a strong (and persnickity) woman. You never needed to question what she thought or how she felt, it was written all over her face and most of the time came out of her mouth! I am a little like her in that respect I guess:) I can only hope that I live a life as full as she did and be able to enjoy my great grandchildren the way that she did us. She is probably tearing up the streets in heaven as we speak, go get 'em Granny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment